Genotypes a patient to aid in individualizing a starting dose of thiopurines. Ordering prior to initiating therapy provides information for effective dosing, which may achieve maximum efficacy with minimized toxicity.
Sample insurance correspondence for PROMETHEUS® TPMT Genetics
- Prior Authorization Request
- Letter of Appeal – Patient
- Letter of Appeal – Physician
- Letter of Medical Necessity
- These tests have not been cleared or approved by the US FDA. The tests are used for clinical purposes and should not be regarded as investigational or for research. Prometheus Biosciences is certified under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) as qualified to perform high-complexity clinical laboratory testing and is accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP).
- This material is provided for general information purposes only as an educational service for healthcare physicians and their patients. It is not intended as a substitute for medical advice and/or consultation with a physician.